POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Red is Black : Red is Black Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Red is Black
From: Dick Conley
Date: 9 Apr 2003 18:40:25
Message: <3e94a159$1@news.povray.org>
When rendering a transparent object using the following:
rgbf<1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0>
 reflection { 0.17, 1.0 fresnel on  }
conserve_energy
with NO dispersion, I get a black image.
Change the color to rgbf<0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0> and I get a bright green image.
Change the color to rgbf<0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0> and I get a bright blue image.
Any value of red only produces a black image.
A red value with a green and/or blue value seems to work fine.
Is this part of the problem I reported on Jan. 19, 2003 or is this something
different?
Dick Conley
dic### [at] localaccesscom